www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

"What is really important..?" 'Michael Herr' (Aloha Friday)

Renowned author Michael Herr is back guest-blogging on this awesome Aloha Friday about what is really important in life, it all depends...  ;D)  Make sure and check out Michael's website at; http://www.michaelherr.com/

 
ALOHA FRIDAY
February 3, 2012


It's Aloha Friday.

WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT?


Aloha folks.
Lately I've been doing some (more) heavy thinking. Just 'cuz I laugh a lot doesn't mean I'm not deep. (deep is not a synonym for heavy) I guess I've been pretty philosophical my whole life. Probably dates back to when that first girlfriend dumped me. Or maybe when that other cute girl bolted from my car at the end of our first and only date. But I'm getting off-track.
I got to thinking the other day, what is really important in Life. My first answer was Depends. But Depends as in it Depends where and when you are on this pathway we call Life.
Very very early on the most important things in Life are that you are a dry diaper and a bottle. Without either one of those things most of us, early on, would cry. And crying would get someone to see to it that we had a dry diaper and/or a bottle.
In the middle of Life, how do you determine what's important then? Well, you quickly fix on what's important when one of these happens:
The Doctor enters the Examining Room where you wait (usually in a backless gown). He looks at the x-ray film in his hands and goes, "Tsk-tsk". You start to sweat and as he talks the most important things in Life become clear to you.
Your doorbell rings and when you answer it two police officers are there. They ask to come in. They ask you to sit down. And they start to talk. And as they talk the most important things in Life become clear to you.
At 2:00 a.m. your neighbor pounds on your door yelling "Get out, your house is on fire". As you fall out of bed trying to get your eyes rubbed clear of sleep, suddenly the most important things in Life become absolutely clear to you.
Later in Life, as you lay in a bed in a nursing home, it's quite evident what's most important to you in Life. A dry diaper and a bottle. I prefer 'Gentleman Jack' with or without a glass.
I am not to that stage of Life quite yet, but I am at the point in my Life when the most important thing seems to be a really good bowel movement. One that's planned, of course.

Okay folks, see you next week.
 
There's still time to order a complete set of Michael's Books for the Holiday's. Buy all 6 books for only 18.00 including P&H...
http://www.michaelherr.com

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors and forum participants on this blog site do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the Publisher of Dakinetalk the blog, but they could? ;D)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Douglas Dunn said via Facebook;"Laughing a lot is not at all incompatible with thinking deep, as Kimo and his merry cast of guest bloggers (case in point) repeatedly prove.

Now if you'll just excuse me a moment, I need to go make a contribution to the plumbing..."

KimoRosen said...

Michael's blog reminds me of the joke, "I feel Grrrreat, woke up this morning and had a healthy bowl movement and long smooth urine flow, then an hour later I got out of bed... ;D(

KimoRosen said...

I guess it depends, whether or not you use depends...I'm glad I am not depending on depends, I guess for some it all depends on depends...

Michael A. Herr said...

They are dependable.

Anonymous said...

"Unc" said via facebook;"It's nice to dream that you had a nice bowel movement but too bad that really happened while you still in the bed !!! OY VEY !!!"