www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2016

"One Day off can make a difference..." 'Judith Whitehead' (Inspiration Sunday)

Judith Whitehead lives in Amherst New York
( A suburb of Buffalo, N.Y.)
 and has worked in the ophthalmology
 field of medicine for over 30 years

One Day off can make a difference

When you approach your 60's in the working world you begin to reflect on your past working years and ponder how much longer you can or want to work a full-time job.
 My career in my field started about 40 years ago and I have never lost the interest or enjoyment in performing my profession at any of the positions I have held . 

Over the last year or two, as the 60's have crept into my age bracket, it has begun to get a little harder to get up at 5AM and work a full day. The bones make a strange sound in the am as I get out of bed and use the stairs, the body takes a few minutes to wake up and the will wains a little in the am hours. Since I am not ready to retire just yet, I found a solution that seems to do the trick.


After convincing my boss over several months of cajoling and convincing, I now have off my Mondays! What a difference it makes to have a three day weekend every weekend.No more Sunday grumbles. The week somehow seems to fly by with only a short week. “Hump” day comes quickly and even though each day is a little bit longer – it is so worth it.


Arranging my schedule was a great way to give me a little break until I take the big step some day and really cut back. I have been working at some capacity since my teen years and am looking forward some day to “slowing” down a bit. So until then.....I am greatly enjoying my Mondays!!! 

"Judy, Judy, Judy!"

Hana Hou, (Encore)



3 comments:

KimoRosen said...

This is why the Sabbath was created. Genesis-2:2-Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.… Shabbbat Shalom!

Anonymous said...

Exodus 20:11
"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Anonymous said...

http://biblehub.com/genesis/2-2.htm