www.thegardenisland.com

Follow by Email

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Promise not to tell anyone?..


If you ever want to get the word out about anything, tell 5 people 'promise not to tell anyone.' if one wants to keep something secret you cannot tell a soul, there is something in us humans that makes us want to tell things to others.

Personally, I had a few medical issues that I wanted to keep confidential, I told two friends that I would appreciate this between us. to make a long story short, before long everyone I knew what my personal problems were. The irony about all this is beyond the betrayal of trust is the issue retelling the situation wrong. Just like the experiments with telling a joke, by the time 10 people have told the same joke, down the line it becomes something totally different than the initial joke.
That's why if you have a personal issue it's best to tell nobody, unless you want it repeated numerous times with a different twist.
Hey guess what? If you promise not to tell anyone I will tell you where the best fishing spot on Kauai is!

No comments: