www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"A sign in front of a business in Florida..!" 'Marvin Gross' (Facetious Thursday's)

Our guest blogger for this 'Facetious Thursdays' is my brother-in-law 'Marvin Gross,' he is a Financial adviser who lives in the suburbs of Western N.Y.

This sign was prominently displayed in front of a business in Florida and you are probably outraged at the thought of such an inflammatory sign.

However, we are a society which holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps one of our greatest liberties.

And after all, it is only a sign, right?

You may ask: “What kind of business would dare post such a sign?”

Answer: A Funeral Home!

You gotta love it!!!

God Bless AMERICA and keep our Troops Safe and brig them home already...

Feel free to post this blog on your favorite social networking site, and if so inclined send us a submission to be a guest blogger at jrsensei@hotmail.com  who knows you may go viral!

13 comments:

Douglas Dunn said...

via facebook;"Excellent lesson in jumping to conclusions!
And a reminder of how much we cherish the heroes willing to put their lives on the line for us, and that -- as you so often and eloquently remind us -- we want to "Bring ’em back … ALIVE!"

Jason Gross said...

via Facebook;"Yeah Dad!"

James "kimo" Rosen said...

via Facebook;" Douglas, are you interested in penning a guest blog about your new ride and how you never have to buy gas again!"

Douglas Dunn said...

via Facebook;"First, officially and in legal paperwork I am "Douglas," but all my friends call me "Doug," so hope you're willing to consider me a friend.

Second, I would be glad to contribute some thoughts on giving up the addiction to gas. Certainly it is timely as I take steps toward turning a dream into a reality. But it might be a good idea to wait until I actually get the car, which is still a few patience-challenging weeks away, to include the initial reactions to actually taking the plunge.

In the meantime, you are welcome to peruse some of my other writings (websites and books) for other ideas of topics that could be adapted to your blog. I will be glad to send links and samples by e-mail. My e-mail address is on my profile page."

Davis Danizier said...

via Facebook;"Both hilarious and poignant and, like Doug says, a reminder not to jump to conclusions and that the life of a hero is to be treasured and, yes, better that we "support our troops" by bringing them back alive."

James "kimo" Rosen said...

Sometimes a simple joke gets more response than a well thought blog that took hours to write! I love it!

me, Kimo-san said...

Doug, yes I consider yo a friend, Would really enjoy if you had time to submiyt a guiest blog about nrever haviong to buy gas ans about your new car, make it passionate not opersonal, bnot to sound like an ad buyt sound like a way to make the world a better place while enjoying yourself., asnd yes, senfd samples of other writings you've down, Mahalos

James "Kimo" Rosen said...

sorry for da typos in my last post, spell check was down...

Judith Whitehead said...

via Facebook;"Yea marvin!!!! great sign....."

Me-James "kimo" Rosen said...

Judy, don't get to excited, I don't think Marvin Knows how to log onto Facebook... :D)

James "Kimo" Rosen-Me said...

Judy, you and I write and write and writew and get one or two comments, Marvin tells one joke and goes viral! ;D)

Judith Whitehead said...

via facebook;" I know...lol...lifes not always fair...I must work on being more profound...."

James "Kimo" Rosen said...

Guess Marvin is just Mr. Charisma, he could have a blank poage and get response... ;D) Your day is just beginning and my day is about to end, it's 11:51 P.M. in Hawaii which means it's 5:51 A.M. on da east coast. I guess I am typing into the future.