The following will probably amaze and startle you.
One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University study: Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.
Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day? (No kidding, all of the above are true....)
Of course, too much water may have strange side effects......
BUT BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL!!!
Laugh often, long and loud... Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have friends who make you laugh, spend lots of time with them.
- make you laugh, just go ahead and close your casket!)
- A pastor concluded that his church was getting into very serious financial troubles. While checking the church storeroom, he discovered several cartons
- of new Bibles that had never been opened and distributed.
- So at his Sunday sermon, he asked for three
- volunteers from the congregation who would be
- willing to sell the Bibles door-to-door for $10
- each to raise the desperately needed money for
- the church.
- Jack, Paul and Louie all raised their hands to
- volunteer for the task.
- The minister knew that Jack and Paul earned
- their living as salesmen and were likely capable
- of selling some Bibles. But he had serious
- doubts about Louie who was a local farmer,
- who had always kept to himself because he was
- embarrassed by his speech impediment.
- Poor Louie stuttered badly. But, NOT WANTING
- TO discourage Louie, the minister decided to
- let him try anyway.
- He sent the three of them away with the back
- seat of their cars stacked with Bibles. He asked
- them to meet with him and report the results
- of their door-to-door selling efforts the following Sunday.
- Anxious to find out how successful they were,
- the minister immediately asked Jack, "Well, Jack,
- how did you make out selling our Bibles last week?"
- Proudly handing the reverend an envelope,
- Jack replied, "Using my sales prowess, I was
- able to sell 20 Bibles, and here's the $200 I
- collected on behalf of the church."
- "Fine job, Jack!" The minister said, vigorously
- shaking his hand..."You are indeed a fine salesman
- and the church is indebted to you.."
- Turning to Paul, "And Paul, how many Bibles
- did you sell for the church last week?"
- Paul, smiling and sticking out his chest, confidently replied, 'I am a professional salesman. I sold 28
- Bibles on behalf of the church, and here's
- $280 I collected.'
- The minister responded, "That's absolutely
- splendid, Paul. You are truly a professional
- salesman and the church is indebted to you."
- Apprehensively, the minister turned to Louie
- and said, "And Louie, did you manage to sell
- any Bibles last week?" Louie silently offered the minister a large envelope. The minister opened it
- and counted the contents. "What is this?" the
- minister exclaimed. "Louie, there's $3,200 in
- here! Are you suggesting that you sold 320
- Bibles for the church, door-to-door, in just one week?"
- Louie just nodded.
- "That's impossible!" both Jack and Paul said in
- unison. "We are professional salesmen, yet you claim to have sold 10 times as many Bibles as we could."
- "Yes, this does seem unlikely," the minister
- agreed. "I think you'd better explain how you
- managed to accomplish this, Louie."
- Louie shrugged.."I-I-I re-re-really do-do-don't
- kn-kn-know f-f-f-for sh-sh-sh-sure," he stammered.
- Impatiently, Peter interrupted. "For crying out loud, Louie, just tell us what you said to them when they answered the door!"
- "A-a-a-all I-I-I s-s-said wa-wa-was," Louis replied,
- "W-w-w-w-would y-y-y-you l-l-l-l-l-like t-t-to
- b-b-b-buy th-th-th-this B-B-B-B-Bible f-f-for
- t-t-ten b-b-b-bucks---o-o-o-or--- wo-wo-would
- yo-you j-j-j-just like m-m-me t-t-to st-st-stand
- h-h-here and r-r-r-r-r-read it t-to y-y-you?"