www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2018

"Missing iconic 'Angel' at the bus stop..." 'James "Kimo" Rosen (Kimo's world #237)


James "Kimo" Rosen is a retired professional photographer
 and amongst other things lived in a tent outdoors for 7 years.
Rosen currently resides on the tropical island of Kaua'i
with his best friend and spiritual adviser Ivanka-Obama Da Dog!

El Aina is now gone, the bench was temporarily
removed and then brought back with a bar
in the middle of it...


Blog #1990~Kimo's world's #237


Missing iconic 'Angel' at the bus stop


It seems empty without El Aina Danine an iconic figure we all came to recognize on a regular basis at the Kapa'a neighborhood center bus stop. Everyone had their opinion of the 'Angel at the bus stop', 'Lady in purple', and other
The Bus stop bench that fronts the
Kapa'a neighborhood center was removed
and brought back after it was
remodeled with a bar in the middle of it....
names that people should be ashamed to speak.  She became like family, many disliked her and yet many sent her love. Just like in the dysfunctional family where family members fight and argue they always miss each other when they are no longer around. I feel the same with El Aina. She has moved on.

I think even those who complained are missing our 'Island Icon' sitting at the bus stop, I know I am?
 Did you know Psychiatrists say it's a sign of recognition to live at places like bus stops?

It's their fifteen minutes of fame, after all why would anyone choose to sleep and take residence
The bench was a present to the community
from 3rd grade students at
Kamehameha schools!
at a bus stop? These are people who are not recognized with their jobs, letters to the editor or a loving family-- on a subconscious level they are looking for love, not a place to sleep. 

Next time you encounter somebody like El Aina  just smile and say hello, you'll be surprised how much that helps both parties involved!  
God bless the 'lady in purple,' 'the angel at the bus stop,' I pray for  her health and hope she's doing better. 


God bless Kaua'i and the victims of the recent floods....

Hana Hou, (Encore)



13 comments:

Harmony Bentosinio said...

Any clues about where she ended up? Some day you might even find her back there again.

KimoRosen said...

I've heard many different coconut wireless rumors, nothing confirmed. When I know something as fact I will let you know....

Ami Thea said...

I saw her there recently, but she was gone the next time I drove past

Anonymous said...

I saw the lady that was there that day. I don't believe it was her? The woman that day was much thinner, though wearing purple. I think it was just somebody waiting for the bus? That's why they were gone next time you went by?

Ami Thea said...

it really looked like her to me. The next time I drove by was a day or two later. I could be wrong though

KimoRosen said...

Whether it was my friend or not, I pray she's doing better wherever she is!

Kit Ellison said...

She was at the County Courthouse and Police Station today, most likely to retrieve her possessions. She was well and chipper. Hope this helped and she was dressed in purple.

Kit

Kuuleinani Napuanani Kaninau said...

Ami Thea & James Kimo Rosen It was her... not sure but heard that she was arrested again for "loitering" at the bus stop. James Ill see what I can find out straight from the source....

Becca Rogers said...

We saw her today she was just let out. She is a bit slimmer but doing ok.

Becca Rogers said...

She picked up her items at The kpd when we were there to file a report.

Anonymous said...

Bec, Did you talk to her? Do you know if Is she going to remain on Kauai?

Glenn Mickens said...

But, Kimo, that "Angel" does not belong living at a bus stop no matter how many people feel sorry for her. To try and sleep, eat bath and live in such a place is wrong not matter how you cut it up. I only hope that she has found a better, safer more healthy place to live as, again, she does not deserve to be a "freak" for people to watch.
Just my opinion.
Glenn

Ami Thea said...

I saw her this morning. She's no longer sleeping in bus stop, but along fence by it covered in a tarp.