www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2018

"Politics and Football, America needs to stand United..." 'James "Kimo" Rosen' (Kimo's world #247)

James "Kimo" Rosen is a retired professional photographer
 and amongst other things lived in a tent outdoors for 7 years.
Rosen currently resides on the tropical island of Kaua'i
with his best friend and spiritual adviser Ivanka-Obama Da Dog!
above photo,
James "Kimo" Rosen
with press pass at Aloha stadium at the 1998
Pro-Bowl with Buffalo Bills Quarterback
Doug Flutie



Blog #2,000~Kimo's world's #247

This blog also  appeared as a guest column in the July 23, 2018 
edition of the Garden Island news! 
http://www.thegardenisland.com/2018/07/23/opinion/in-politics-and-football-america-needs-to-stand-united/

2,000 blogs, Wow! 

Politics and Football, America needs to stand United

America's second Civil War is in full bloom.

The President's press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders  recently went out to dine
at the Red Hen restaurant in Virginia with 7 family members  and was asked to leave because she worked for Potus.

This incident created fallout on the Red Hen's Yelp page, where comments were so bad by Trump supporters, the page was shut down.

The immigration crisis is in dire need of repair, however all anybody wants to do is point fingers at one another and not work to fix anything.


Politics has become like a playoff  football game, where if your team doesn't win, it seems like the end of the world.

I have friends  if their team doesn't win the game they can't even  go out to a planned dinner, instead they stay home and sulk. Others will curse and wish death and injury on opposing quarterbacks, calling opposing teams every 4 letter word in the book.

I have a favorite team and of course I always hope my team wins, however I am an NFL fan and can appreciate a great play even by the opposition.


Why is it in politics that if our President does something great that the opposition can't appreciate it for the good of the country?    Just because he did something you didn't like in the past doesn't mean you have to hate on him for everything.


I am one of the few people that voted for Obama and Trump. Respect the office of the presidency, if you don't like whose president there is always another election. I have always respected the president even when my candidate was not elected. Politics has turned into a heated, hated football match where people believe there team is playing for a trophy and blood.

My musician friend in Alaska, 'Hobo Jim'  says it best in a recent post. 

"Hi Folks, I just received a post saying "if I was a Donald Trump supporter that they did not want to be my Friend and I could go to hell. "I should tell you that this post was not made to me personally but on my FB. I'm of the Dolly Parton school of entertainment I don't believe politics belong in your show. I know these are very turbulent times and people are packed full of emotion and misinformation. I'm sorry, but I don't want to know your politics, I don't want you to know mine,I keep mine to Myself. I have very firm convictions but I don't believe they belong in my show. I am here to entertain all of you. There are so many actors and musicians that I can't listen to or watch anymore Because I can't get by the things they say publicly."

" I have many friends who are master entertainers on both sides of the spectrum. Some of them have chosen to be activists in their music and I respect them highly for that, however, don't expect that of me. I'm here to entertain everyone of all sides. Those who wish to take a little break from all troubles they face everyday. We are one great Nation .
We Need desperately to find common ground .Please don't post this political stuff on my FB .I want to be the one you can come to and hear music.
Those of you that are fighting for your cause great.I hope you find it worth losing friends ,family and those that have held you dear.I don't want political replies, I just want to sing!"

It's time America stand united, no matter what side of the aisle your on, otherwise  if we don't stop this hate, there won't be a United States much longer.
I was at my Psychiatrist's today and told him ever since I became a Trump supporter everyone hates me. He said, that's not true, everyone hasn't met you yet!  ;-)
Vintage throwback, me on the right, 1976-Santa Barbara
Hana Hou, (Encore)




The Hate is out of control, the Civil war is ongoing.
This hate must stop!  ;-(

This needs to stop!
Owners of the Red Hen restaurant
wearing pussy hats at an anti Trump rally
after he was elected president. Even before he was in office
these people were protesting and wearing these
obnoxious hats. The woman on the left is the  one who
86'ed our secretary of state from her restaurant.

This also needs to stop!


P.S.

The Garden Island news published on 06-28-18 one of the best letters to the editor ever  
on the current immigration crisis. It was penned by;
Arthur Hernandez, Native American of the Cherokee Tribe, Lawai.
  A must read! 
http://www.thegardenisland.com/2018/06/28/opinion/letter-for-thursday-june-28-2018/
Read the comments-this guy almost gets beat up as bad as me, at least they don't call him a Nazi!)
Rally standing for wrong thing in border battle

I read your article on the protester group, “Families Belong Together” (Tuesday, TGI Forum). I disagree with what this group has stated.

My wife and I lived in Mexico City for seven years as missionaries. We applied for our visas every six months in order to remain in their country. We obeyed their laws in order to stay in Mexico. This group, “Families Belong Together,” is forgetting to include that the Mexican parents who are crossing our borders are illegal and do not have visas to enter into our country.

While living in Mexico City we had close friends who asked our opinion about crossing over to the United States (without papers). We told them that it is necessary to have proper papers in order to cross the border into the US.

I never heard of parents who crossed the border with their children. Most of whom crossed over were men. When these men arrived they began sending money to their families. Mexican men aren’t stupid! They wouldn’t put their own children in danger.

This group, “FBT,” is insinuating that the Mexican family unit is stupid by placing children in danger when they are protesting. There is a bigger picture here that is not being revealed.

Someone, on the other side of the border, is paying these Mexican men money to cross children into our country in order to undermine our country. What parent would risk their own child’s life by putting them in this kind of danger? Would you or anyone from Kauai do such a thing? The group, FBT, is being played and is also playing our own people here on Kauai!

Question, where is Margie Merryman from and when did she move here from the mainland? We will find out after Saturday what her agenda really is all about.

The fact that this group is continuing to protest shows me they have little regard of their action, which was successful in changing a wrong. This shows only the hatefulness for our president. As a nation we need to move forward — as one nation.

Arthur Hernandez, Native American of the Cherokee Tribe, Lawai


15 comments:

Rosemary Pahl-Palmer said...

Hubba!

KimoRosen said...

Did you read the blog?

Pauly Bowers said...

For me. It started when someone insisted the children of Trump voters should die. When I challenged this, he doubled down. Even if it was mine. I have been called a racist, a Nazi, a retard and a hate monger.

Its sickening to see what has become of us. I sometimes think this bullying tactic is meant to change my mind. In reality it pisses me off to want to vote for him again. Not for what he has done, just to piss the bullies off.

That's the scary part to me...

Glenn Mickens said...

Well said, Kimo.
Your pal,
Glenn

Anonymous said...

It's only going to get worse, Trump could find a cure for Aids, Cancer, Diabetes and MS and the left and main stream media would still find fault, and drum up another scandal to bury any good the man had done.

Larry Arruda said...

Kimo... my 2 cents. I've said it before, I'll say it again and again.... IT'S THE "PARTICIPATION TROPHY" GENERATION. The never did learn how to lose. Their parents made sure that they knew that "every one is a winner" . BULL SHIT! It all backfired on them. It produced a generation of "LOSERS"!!
Life is all about winning and losing. Mostly losing. And the sooner a kid learns how to accept LOSING, the more he/she will strive to WIN.
Larry

Larry Arruda said...

That's also why there is so much "inefficiencies" and "incompetence" in the work place. It's not important to do a good job, or even do their jobs correctly, because they get paid no matter what. Especially in government where they hardly ever get fired for incompetence.
Prior to my retiring, my employer had developed a "pay-for-performance" system. Our performance of our duties was evaluated, not just by our own department head, but also by other department heads and by the City Manager. Our salary increases were based on that evaluation.
It's been 16 years since I retired, so I would have to bet that it's no longer that way. The "union" probably made sure that that system was somehow deemed "unfair".
Before 1963 (about), Unions were not allowed in government agencies. JFK made sure that changed, after many big unions in the country played a huge part in funding his campaign to win the election in 1962. THAT point in American history was the beginning of the downfall of all governments in this country.

Larry

Rosemary Pahl-Palmer said...

It wasn't in the post I received. I read it now. I called it trickle down meanness. I believe it started at the top. I've never, since Truman, seen such polarizing hatred in our country. Getting back to the picture I still say Hubba!! LOL

Anonymous said...


Many of these state and county workers wouldn't last a day in the private sector. They deliberately work slow to to ace the system knowing there's no way anybody will fire their sorry butts.

Garden Island News comments said...

Just Saying July 23, 2018 3:51 am Reply
Well Jim, you’ve left your president’s behavior completely out of the equation. You’ve set up this straw man scenario whereby people of the opposition have, independent of reason or stimulus, decided to hate the one representing the opposition and wouldn’t (I don’t mean “would”) it make America great again if they could stand up for unity and give the man a little respect like you once did for one you didn’t vote for. I’m gonna guess that was Bush Jr, if not, just substitute another name…it will still work:

Jim, did Bush Jr. taunt you, or those who represent your political perspective, in writing or verbally on a near daily basis for close to three years? Jim, did Bush Jr. call you or your reps names on a near daily basis for close to three years? Jim, did Bush Jr. get a rally of thousands to boo, or sneer, or yell hateful things about you or your reps on a frequent basis for close to three years? Did Bush Jr. say vile or vulgar things about people you care deeply about, based on their race or gender, on a frequent basis for close to three years? Jim, did Bush Jr. reverse policies you spent years supporting and then imply to a rally of thousands that “Yes, it was for spite and look how worked up they are!”

I’m just getting started, Jim! We haven’t even gotten close to last week’s performance! I abhor Putin. I view him as a sworn enemy; for many very good reasons. I refuse to respect him or his cronies (your guy sure looks like a crony, Jim!). It would take several pages to reach my question for last week (“Are you Putin me on, Jim?”); but I hope you have gotten my point, which is: Your guy bears a great deal of responsibility for how people feel about him! It is disingenuous to leave him out of that discussion as well as the stupendous rationales you must be having to formulate in order to continue your support!

Carrie Eckert July 23, 2018 6:14 am Reply
I agree Jim. But the left has become like Tasmanian Devils. They have spun themselves into a frenzy. They continually spew their vitrol. They are so full of hate is it scary. It seems they cannot rationally view anything that the President does. They say Trump started it. I say the left cry babies started it as soon as crooked Hilary didn’t win. They believe the mainstream propaganda like lemmings. If some of these people lived in another country, They would see that other countries protect their citizens like Trump is trying to protect us. Immigration in some European countries has been so lax, that the host country is loosing it’s identity. This immigrants have not invaded by the usually war tactics, but by changing the neighborhoods and asserting the rights they had in their home country into the host country. Same with the war on drugs. We need to protect our borders.

james July 23, 2018 7:16 am Reply
I’m old enough to remember the Viet Nam war era, Watergate, and the turmoil in America. We had administrations that were corrupt and out of touch with it’s citizens. Without protest, intense scrutiny from the press, and, what you would consider bad manners, Nixon would not have resigned and the Viet Nam war would still be going on, similar to Afghanistan today. Americans are not the type of folks to let criminal behavior by their leaders go unchallenged, as we have seen in earlier decades. We now have a President who demonizes the free press, cozies up to our enemy and lashes out at everyone who disagrees with him. His supporters do the same. You tell me; should we just sit still and be quiet while our cherished country is destroyed, while our system of Democracy is dismantled? No, we stand up, protest, and force a change like we have done in the past for the good of America.

Garden Island News comments-2 said...

kauaiboy July 23, 2018 11:13 am Reply
OMG! You would equate the leadership of our country to football. First off, most Americans, contrary to your implication, do not watch or enjoy football. Those rabid fans you refer to mostly all object to players expressing their opinions by kneeling when our national anthem is played, and I’d be willing to bet that most of them revere and voted for Trump.

You ask why is it in politics that if our president does something great that the opposition can’t appreciate it for the good of the country? Please be so kind as to mention 5 things that you think Trump has done which you considered great? I’d be happy to retort with 100 or more things that he has done poorly or which have damaged our nation. I’ll also had you a list of over 100 lies which have come out of Trump’s mouth.

One cannot honestly respect the office of the President when it is filled with Trump and his distortions, lies, and dishonesty. He may have you fooled, or you may simply believe that he is just what our country needs, but those of us who value critical thinking over bombastic behavior believe otherwise.

I’ll bet you agreed with, or at least tolerated, President Bush in his determination to invade Iraq when there was no evidence of weapons of mass destruction, Unfortunately, cooler heads did not prevail and we went to war. Look where that got us: hundreds, if not thousands of US soldiers dead, tens of thousands of Iraqis dead, and the rise of Islamic militancy and ISIS. Meanwhile, Bush did nothing to address that the WTC bombers were primarily Saudi Arabian.

My advice to you is to question authority and to support the investigation of Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election. Further, when collusion by Trump or his team is proved, I expect you to support the impeachment of this deluded man-child we must now call our President.

Anonymous said...

The people who commented on Kimo's column missed the whole point! The hate on both sides of the aisle must stop! We need to stand United!

Garden Island News comments-3 said...

james July 23, 2018 7:16 am Reply
I’m old enough to remember the Viet Nam war era, Watergate, and the turmoil in America. We had administrations that were corrupt and out of touch with it’s citizens. Without protest, intense scrutiny from the press, and, what you would consider bad manners, Nixon would not have resigned and the Viet Nam war would still be going on, similar to Afghanistan today. Americans are not the type of folks to let criminal behavior by their leaders go unchallenged, as we have seen in earlier decades. We now have a President who demonizes the free press, cozies up to our enemy and lashes out at everyone who disagrees with him. His supporters do the same. You tell me; should we just sit still and be quiet while our cherished country is destroyed, while our system of Democracy is dismantled? No, we stand up, protest, and force a change like we have done in the past for the good of America.

kauaiboy July 23, 2018 11:13 am Reply
OMG! You would equate the leadership of our country to football. First off, most Americans, contrary to your implication, do not watch or enjoy football. Those rabid fans you refer to mostly all object to players expressing their opinions by kneeling when our national anthem is played, and I’d be willing to bet that most of them revere and voted for Trump.

You ask why is it in politics that if our president does something great that the opposition can’t appreciate it for the good of the country? Please be so kind as to mention 5 things that you think Trump has done which you considered great? I’d be happy to retort with 100 or more things that he has done poorly or which have damaged our nation. I’ll also had you a list of over 100 lies which have come out of Trump’s mouth.

One cannot honestly respect the office of the President when it is filled with Trump and his distortions, lies, and dishonesty. He may have you fooled, or you may simply believe that he is just what our country needs, but those of us who value critical thinking over bombastic behavior believe otherwise.

I’ll bet you agreed with, or at least tolerated, President Bush in his determination to invade Iraq when there was no evidence of weapons of mass destruction, Unfortunately, cooler heads did not prevail and we went to war. Look where that got us: hundreds, if not thousands of US soldiers dead, tens of thousands of Iraqis dead, and the rise of Islamic militancy and ISIS. Meanwhile, Bush did nothing to address that the WTC bombers were primarily Saudi Arabian.

My advice to you is to question authority and to support the investigation of Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election. Further, when collusion by Trump or his team is proved, I expect you to support the impeachment of this deluded man-child we must now call our President.

Garden Island News comments-4 said...

Taco July 23, 2018 4:48 pm Reply
Comparing football to politics is outright insulting to the American people.

Football is a game; the consequences of football are maybe a bad mood for a day or two. Politics is real life; the consequences for political action can literally be life and death. The notion that you can’t differentiate between losing a football game and the gravity of trying to deprive millions of our most vulnerable citizens the right to healthcare is concerning. I can get over a loss by my football team with minimal sulking; I most definitely cannot get over ripping children away from their parents.

The growing vitriol isn’t against ‘Republicans’; it’s against people who support the Trump administration. Supporting the current administration is supporting attacks on education, healthcare, the environment and most of all: basic human decency. You can’t actively attack women, minorities and the poor and then cry “we need to be united.” It’s like punching someone in the face and getting upset when they punch you back – it’s self defense.

Voting for Trump is fine, still supporting Trump after two years of this administration is, however, inexcusable. Anyone that still supports and defends Trump at this point should be publicly shamed and I applaud those with the courage to shame them.

If you want to publicly shame me for supporting basic human rights and decency, I’ll happily bare that cross – apparently Trump supporters are having trouble baring their cross though… supporting such a despicable human being must be a heavy burden to bare.

I saw a Vampire once July 23, 2018 5:06 pm Reply
Common ground on politics, not football. Seriously, economics. What is the interest rates? 15.6% APR. Yield. We need better candidates.

Garden Island News comments-5Ted Mack- said...

You want this hate to stop, you tell your beloved president, who used it to get elected and continues to foster it every day in his hateful tweets and actions, to stop.