www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

"Everybody is now a doctor..." 'James "Kimo" Rosen' (Kimo's world #326)

 


James "Kimo" Rosen is a retired professional photographer  
amongst other things lived in a tent outdoors for 7 years.
Rosen currently resides on the tropical island of Kaua'i
with his best friend and spiritual adviser,
 Ivanka "Costco" Obama, The Bipartisan Dog!

            Sunrise/weather/photos February~2022
             (These photos made it to Hawaii News Now)
                                                       Photos courtesy,
                                                      James "Kimo" Rosen 
Blog #2080~Kimo's world #326

Everybody is now a doctor

 I’m sitting having lunch with my unvaccinated friend at the Costco fine dining outdoor cafe as we discuss the topic that has been on the top of the news for well over a year. 

We are enjoying our $1.50-1/4 lb. plus hot dogs with refillable soft drinks as she tells me

that after I receive my booster shot she cannot be near me for two weeks because it's her understanding I am contagious with the virus, also I will die because of the booster? Ironically I have been tolerating her unvaccinated status the last year, go figure?

To add insult to injury as we are indulging in our weiner-fest she tells me the reason

she won’t be vaccinated is that she doesn't know what’s in those vaccines since she’s concerned as to what goes into her body as she takes the last bite of her weiner! 

This friend reminds me of a recent quote that went viral on social media:
 " I'm fully vaccinated and boostered. No, I don't know "what's in it". Neither this vaccine nor the ones I had as a child. Nor do I know what's in the 11 secret herbs and spices at KFC.
I also don't know exactly what's in Ibuprofen or Tylenol -- they just cure my

hangovers, headaches & my pains.  
I don't know what's in tattoo ink, botox, and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap,

shampoo, or deodorants. I don’t know the long-term effect of mobile phone use, or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
There are a lot of things I don't know.
I do know one thing: life is short. Very short. And I, personally, still want to do things. I want to travel and hug people without fear, and find a little feeling of life "before".
Throughout my life,

I've been vaccinated against many diseases. Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, chickenpox, hepatitis, pneumonia, influenza, tetanus, and shingles.
My parents (and I) trusted science, and never had to suffer through or transmit any of those said diseases.
I'm vaccinated. Not to please the government. Not to make other people do it. But I don't want to:
 Die from Covid-19, clutter a hospital bed if I get sick, not be able to hug my loved ones, have to test routinely, or live my life in fear."

It seems ever since Covid arrived that everyone has served a medical internship, residency, and received a medical degree. Doctors spend four years in undergraduate college, another four years in medical school, one year of internship,
Dr. Steve Rogoff

and residency can range from three to seven years depending on what type of doctor they chose to become.  Your PCP may go through three years of residency whereas your neurosurgeon may go up to seven years. That means your average doctor has 12-16 years of education! Believe it or not internet warriors and the uneducated are advising people to not be vaccinated against the better judgment of medical science. 

I recently saw a clip on the news where doctors and nurses are being threatened by patients

because the patients are not being given the medications they feel they need to cure their Covid. The unvaccinated patients actually think they know better what to prescribe themselves than medical personnel. It seems everybody is now a doctor!

Believe it or not, I just heard Dr. Faucci

is recommending a booster because he owns stock in Pfizer and wants to buy a new yacht? People actually believe this.

A big Mahalo to all the front-line workers, restaurant workers, grocery store employees, and medical personnel that have had to put up with the general public the last couple of years.

A toast to returning to normalcy.
This blog appeared as an Op-ed/Guest column in the
Friday, 02-18-22 edition of the Garden Island news!



Hana Hou (Encore)




15 comments:

Jason Gross said...

Agree with ya for once

Jason Gross said...

Seriously, really good article: hope it at least gets the skeptics to think about it a little

KimoRosen said...

I think people's minds at this point are made up, it's like the old expression; "You can lead the horse to water but you can't make them drink it!"

Adam Wojak said...

A little research and you will soon be informed of what's in the shots my friend.

George Gallo said...

I care what goes in my body, too. MD20/20 for breakfast.



George Gallo said...

One of the best things I've read on Facebook since, ....... the 80's

Garden Island news comments said...

omK February 18, 2022 6:39 am Reply
To James “Kimo” Rosen. A Big Mahalo for your letter. I couldn’t agree more. It’s rare that I read a letter to the Garden News that makes me laugh. You did! The incredible irony of your unvaccinated friend consuming a Costco “who knows what’s in it” hot dog while espousing the Internet disinformation is too funny and, unfortunately, too very sad. My wife is a Level 1 Trauma nurse, who refused to retire in the past 2 years. We know what “squirrel eyes” look like from double masking. She knows what COVID lung Xrays look like. She knows COVID death is very, very real. Aloha

james February 18, 2022 7:39 am Reply
Good letter Kimo: I have to give credit where credit is due. Now, why are we the only State that still has a mask mandate? I supported the governor’s and the mayor’s efforts to keep us safe during the first year and a half of the pandemic, but lately, my views have changed. It’s time to do away with government regulations and join the rest of the Country. It’s time to get rid of the mask mandate and let folks decide for themselves how to protect themselves and their families.

Marsha Nager via Facebook Messenger said...

Thank you for your article in Other Voices! It was excellent. I am a retired nurse anesthetist and I Volunteered to give the vaccinations at the convention center. It was wonderful to help people get vaccinated who and they seemed to realize how important the vaccination was. And like you , I think that statement about I don’t know what’s in it is absolutely ludicrous.

KimoRosen said...

Aloha Marsha,
Mahalo to you also for your service as a first responder vaccinator! Thank you for your service and the nice compliment!👍James “Kimo” Rosen

Andy Degeus said...

For enlightenment on the vaccines check this out:
https://rumble.com/vu92ic-pfizer-and-fda-team-up-to-resist-releasing-vaccine-safety-information.html

Linda Gross said...

Totally agree with you on this!! Great op Ed!!

KimoRosen said...

Linda Gross, Yea!Thanks!👍

Christine Myrvall said...

Wonderful !!!

KimoRosen said...

Christine Myrvall, 👍Mahalo!

Garden Island news comments-2 said...

drsurf February 19, 2022 8:27 am Reply
Kimo points out that the unvaccinated are clogging hospital beds while eating a hot dog and most hospital beds are serving those who live on hot dogs, processed foods, sugar and alcohol and whose life and health could be improved with simple lifestyle changes. The pre-existing conditions now referred to as co-morbidity could be prevented with healthy lifestyle.