www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lawyers and Clergy..." 'James "Kimo" Rosen'

James "Kimo" Rosen self portrait for Halloween, sometimes there is a need for Lawyers and clergy... Can anyone guess what I am in the photo above?

Father Ben of All Saints church in Kapa'a recently blessing our four legged friends!

This blog also appeared as an opinion article in the Kauai Garden Island News;" Everyone needs to make a living." 11-28-11 http://thegardenisland.com/promo/homepage/article_17af734c-1991-11e1-ae51-001cc4c03286.html  

Why do attorneys always say,"answer me with a yes or no, understand?"

However when the shoe is on the other foot and an attorney is asked a simple question, they will usually reply , there is no simple yes or no, let me explain...

Why does the clergy, Rabbi's and Pastors tell their congregants  not to work on the Sabbath or religious holidays?  Because those days are the days the clergy are on stage and if we the people went to work they would be out of work with nobody to preach too and collect tithing's.

I guess everyone needs to make a living I can therefore understand Lawyers and clergy much better especially in these rough economic times.


The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors and forum participants on this blog site do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the Publisher of Dakinetalk the blog, but they could? ;D)

Check out dakinetalk-8 in book form;  The download is free... http://blogger.sharedbook.com/pilot/enterBookForFlipbookView.do?bookId=Blog2Print_Blogger_1319148612943_kimorosen_1319148948428&flipbookCode=5521689b6b72d9563e5a9462dc77c3&invitationEmail=jrsensei%40hotmail.com  

13 comments:

Judith Whitehead said...

via facebook;"Cereal killer....."

Steve Eayrs said...

via Facebook;"I agree w/ Judith but will admit I may not of gotten it by myself. And the blog?.......yes sad to say a lot of churches and gathering places like to think you shouldn't work on the 7th day because, as you said, it the day they have the sta...ge and they need an audience, and funds to operate. BUT.......the truth is a 7th day is established for "rest", from the regular work week, because our creator himself love us and knows it good to rest 1 of every 7 days. All commandments are for our own good, and we would all do well to follow good instructions... from G-d himself and not man."

Douglas Dunn said...

via Facebook;"Lawyers: when someone DEMANDS of me that I answer a complex question with a “simple yes or no,” I remind them that not questions are simplistic yes/no dichotomies. I promise I’ll answer their simple question “yes or no” if they will first a...nswer one for me: “Yes or no: have you stopped beating your spouse yet?”

Clergy and the sabbath: one fine sabbath morning, the [religious leader of your church, temple, synagogue or mosque] thought it was to beautiful a day to spend preaching a sermon and that a fine game of golf was far more appealing. So he called the church office and reported feeling deathly ill and asked the [deacon or other religious aide] to cover for him using the prepared remarks in the folder on the desk. Then the holy man headed off to worship at the golf course. On the first hole, he hit a hole in one. “Thank you, Lord,” he prayed. “I’ve always wanted to do that!” The Lord answered: your penance is that you can’t tell anyone!"

James "Kimo" Rosen said...

Judith and Steve are correct, Cereal Killer! and as far as comments I agree with everyone! Steve, glad we didn't scare you off the other day... welcome back bruddah!

Me said...

My stat counter on my administration is not working, thats the thing that tells me how many hits the blog has each day and arranges the top 10 moisat popular blogs on the right side of the page. Does anyone know how to fix the stats page on blogger??????

Steve Eayrs said...

via facebook;"no clue here...."

Douglas Dunn said...

via facebook;"Stat counter help? I'm CLUELESS too."

James "Kimo" Rosen (Me) said...

yea, it's a bummer if the stat counter doesn't function there will never be newer blogs on the right side of the page, that is all set automatically, either the top 10 of the week, month or life of the blog. Hopefully it kicks in and starts working?

Douglas Dunn said...

via facebook;"Douglas wrote: "Yeah, I got it.
Chester is really on a roll.

I'm saving this one, too, if I can stop laughing long enough to regain control of my keyboard.

Waiting for it to appear in a future Dakine-blog.
I'm not worthy.

LMAO. Really. Literally laughing my ass off.

Chester owes me big time for having to replace my soiled underpants."

James "Kimo" Rosen said...

Hope you don't mind, I forwarded your reply to Chester, he'll love it! May I recommend adult pampers for you!? :D)

Douglas Dunn said...

via Facebook;"Douglas wrote: "I never needed the Pampers until the unprecedented gut-busting hilarity of Chester. I hope he carries liability insurance for laughter-induced loss of bladder control."

Chester "Unc" Lau said...

via email;"Shalom Rabbi 1/c & @>---- dakinetalks fun lovers:

There is a solution to stopping loss of bladder control for Mr.Dunn,,I propose that Mr.Dunn make me an even swap of my broken down bicycle to his gasless marvel..ie da Leaf and I'll stop pestering him with old lady jokes. he will be healthier riding my topless wonder in the Kauai breezy :-D

Missed the old Coco Palms,worked with Elvis Presley in "Blue Hawaii"& Frank Sinatra in 'None but the Braves"in the 20th century. .Wow !!! "South Pacific" too.

Chinesy Rabbi 0 class
voting for George Washington in 2012,all others deport to Gitmo :-D"

Chester "Unc" Lau said...

via email; "LOL- I am laughing out loud" :-D :-D :-D