www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

"Facebook birthday greetings..." 'James "Kimo" Rosen'

"Time sure flies, birthdays come and go and before long your life has passed before your eyes..."
James Kimo" Rosen above at Rocky River Alaska across the bay from Homer Alaska 1985.
Birthday's are like any other day of the year, in fact every-day is some-body's birth-day. It's nice to be recognized, usually loved ones and close friends will send greetings, however with the advent of social media with such sources as Facebook, birthday greetings can now make one feel like a rock star.
I have over one  thousand friends on Facebook, most of whom I have no idea who they are. I started befriending everyone who sent me a friend invite and actually starting inviting others to be my friend on the recommendation of Facebook. I did this since I post a daily blog  on Facebook and was hoping for increased readership. The fact of the matter is; I do have an increased readership due to Facebook, in addition to many friends I have never met.
This past January I celebrated a  birthday and to my surprise I had over 100 birthday greetings, I think I knew 12 of the people who sent me a birthday greeting, all others I had no idea who they were, none the less it sure felt good thinking I really had that many friends! 
Now I can go back to being the quiet hermit I am until next January when again I will hopefully achieve rock-star stature!

Editor's note, Dakinetalk guest bloggers do not necessarily represent the opinions of dakinetalk. Guest bloggers are given space to express their beliefs and or opinions. We feel there are many roads and like to give people space to express their thoughts,after-all that's what dakine is...Aloha, James "Kimo" Rosen, Publisher.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Douglas Dunn said via facebook;"I love birthdays!
I love my birthdays, and I love the chance to recognize in each person I know what I find unique and special in them, and taking one day out of the year to reflect on why that person is special to me.

And Kimo, you're one of the good ones!"

KimoRosen said...

Doug, I appeciate that, that's a ditto bruddah, now off for my sabbath dinner with Obama! ;D)

Anonymous said...

Douglas Dunn said via facebook;"I've been stirring up trouble in your TGI page tonight -- sorry (not!), couldn't help myself..."

KimoRosen said...

I'll check it after the sabbath! Not that I'm religious, just in a mellow mode, and sometimes those commenter's get the best of me, which is the reason I quit commenting a few months back...

Anonymous said...

"Unc" said via facebook;"Shalom Rabbi,I just connected your bank account with Bill Gates...so Happy Bithday

Anonymous said...

Harmony said via facebook;" "Happy Belated Birthday, Kimo. Here's one friend who knows you."

Anonymous said...

Douglas Dunn said via facebook;"Hey James Kimo Rosen, I'll have to look over the comments I posted yesterday and see if I can work them into another letter to send to TGI. Since it does address specific Kauai conditions, maybe I can make something work..."

KimoRosen said...

Doug, just explain it from your point on view living in Escondido as you did yesterday, yada yada yada....

KimoRosen said...

Thanks Harmony, your lucky number friend 13!