www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

"Take out the easy chairs..."

The recent announcement by 'Borders' of Kauai to shut it's doors has many residents writing Letters in support of keeping the store open. There's even a facebook page that was born to Save 'Borders Kaua'i.' The people of Kaua'i love their "Borders."

 One of Borders problem's was the coffee shop and all the lounge chairs. People go in to  read, relax and have coffee or tea while reading an expensive book or magazine they never intend to buy.

Border's needs to take out the easy chairs and coffee shop, maybe then they'd sell more books in in this cyber electronic age, just maybe?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree.....I do not believe that there was that much of a loss with folks sitting in the what? 12-15 chairs around the place...I never hung out in the chairs myself (maybe once or twice to go thru my stack and purge whichever books or CDs did not fit in the budget!) I did enjoy sitting on the floor and shopping..... but they; the chairs, did add a nice touch....I believe it's the economy. I wish I could afford to buy new books but I can't. I love our libraries. I'm gonna miss my favorite gift shop! Aloha

KimoRosen said...

Sure everyone enjoyed the easy chairs, I did too. I admit, a few times i sat down and read enough pages of a book to get the drift, then I'd look at a magazine, then maybe I'd buy a cup of coffee.

Imagine the chairs gone, more book sales for sure.

Consumers love the easy chairs, business doesn't.