www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Justin Case, Justin Time and Justin Sane..." "James "Kimo" Rosen"

"Please no more political telemarketers,
or I may go Justin Sane..!"
I usually screen all my phone calls, however I was in a good mood and decided to answer. I still do not have caller ID since it saves a  couple bucks a month. I pick up the phone and low and behold it's a political telemarketer for Congressional candidate Ed case.
Now If this person had not called me,Ed Case's chances of my vote would had been greater, however this person calls right at the time I am about to eat, therefore I took control of the conversation.

I told this person in a facetious manner  that  If Ed's parent's had named him Justin, his name would be  Justin case.

I said  to myself  many times  that Justin Case any political telemarketers call  I will do as Jerry Seinfeld did on a classic episode of the sitcom baring his name.

Here is what transpired in my conversation with the telemarketer, I modeled my response very similar to Jerry's.
 
Telemarketer: Hi, would you be interested in knowing about Ed Case.
Me: Oh, gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later.
Telemarketer: Uh, I'm sorry  sir we're not allowed to give out our phone numbers.
Me: Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home.
Telemarketer: That's correct sir.
Me: Well now you know how I feel.

Please note there is an excellent candidate for what most cities and county's call a district attorney, on Kaua'i they are called Prosecutor's. His name is Justin Kollar, I like to refer to him as 'Justin Time,' Justin Time for truth Justice the American way!

Please Justin, no telemarketers otherwise I may go Justin Sane.


Hana Hou, (Encore) Shared from Facebook..

3 comments:

Douglas Dunn said...

via facebook;"Well, I do have caller I.D., but my state (California) was one of the last to allow it (Hawaii was one of the first).

While I judge my votes for candidates based on merit (and their views matching mine), anyone who uses telemarketing or robocalls loses support, contributions or other enthusiasm, and I'm not afraid to tell 'em so.

My opinion is that political telemarketers should be subject to the "Do not call" list."

KimoRosen said...

What's even worse is they have these automated robo calls and if you hang up somehow your phone line is locked to their line. I tried hanging up and then calling out and every time I picked up to call out I heard the automated questions still happening, I could literally not got them off my line even when I hung up!

KimoRosen said...

I got stuck in traffic in Lihue town around 3:50 by the airport, turned around and went through town by Walmart. still at a crawl at 4:00. I went to TGI(local paper), they said two different accidents, one by airport one by Kane rd in Hanamaulu. I stopped at county building for 2 hours then drove back to Costco finally left Lihue at 7:10 and made it home to Kapahi In 25 minutes. please political candidates canvas for more roads, we were bottle-necked in,. no way out, no were to go, we need more roads and less robocalls! HELP! were an island with over 60,00 people and only one road from end to the other! HELP! I may just go Justin Sane, Justin Case any politicians are reading this we need Roads!