www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

"My Friend..!" 'James "Kimo" Rosen'

Bettejo Dux and James "Kimo" Rosen pictured  the day they
met in person at Costco Kaua'i outdoor cafe.
Happy 82nd  Birthday!

This blog  also appeared in the  Kaua'i Garden Island on 08-14-12 news titled;  "Happy Birthday Bettejo." 

http://thegardenisland.com/news/opinion/mailbag/letters-for-tuesday-august/article_92c6624c-e5e8-11e1-b7ea-001a4bcf887a.html


A few years back when I was having issues with the local authorities and was threatened  arrest somebody called me on the phone and offered support.

I did not know this person, this person offered to bail me out of prison if I got arrested, this person offered her assistance in organizing a human chain to walk the area where I was alleged trespassing. This person a card carrying ACLU member  sent me an ACLU card for protection form the law.

Thank G-d we have an  understanding and caring  Chief of police, who heard me out and resolved my dilemma without human chains or my ACLU card.

The stranger I  speak of who offered  assistance is a published fiction author and a regular contributor to this Forum. This person has more character in her pinky fingernail than most have in their entire body. This person and I started out as facebook friends and have since developed into dear friends.

 My dear friend My Bettejo Dux  will turn 82 years on  August 15th, I only wish I make it to 82 with a mind and body as sharp as hers.

Happy Birthday Bettejo and may Darwin bless you!

For a photo book of Bettejo's 82nd Birthday party go to;



 http://thegardenisland.com/news/opinion/mailbag/letters-for-tuesday-august/article_92c6624c-e5e8-11e1-b7ea-001a4bcf887a.html

Hana Hou, (Encore) Shared from Facebook...

10 comments:

Douglas Dunn said...

VIA FACEBOOK;"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTEJO!
A treasure of paradise!"

KimoRosen said...

I am going to Bettejo's place for her 82nd b-day party around noon tomorrow, too bad you weren't here, we could drive together. ironically I haven't been to her side of the island since 2008, it's 20 miles away and for people on Kaua'i that's like a cross country excursion.

Douglas Dunn said...

via facebook;" Definitely wish I was going to be there!
Give Bettejo Dux a hug for me..."

KimoRosen said...

I'll give her a big Hawaiian hug for you and take photos to share in future blogs and facebook...

KimoRosen said...

btw, big primary night in Hawaii, you'd love it if you were here now...

Katfish said...

via TGI; "Happy Birthday to BetteJo and many more. I hope I live as long and as well."
KathyD

Bettejo Dux said...

via TGI, "It's 3:17AM & raining. I'm up 'cause BOOTS, the puppy, is raising he**' about somehing.

I'm in total agreement MONROE RICHMAN, my dear friend. It's a sad truth-since forever- that the good guys get the shaft. I, too, love Fareed. Hope we haven't lost him for good. Who knows what nasty toes he tread on.

I'm so happy you & ESTHER joined me-& all the tother good guys-for the big 82 Sunday Mit Goats. I thought they did well on their first party. The prize winning fresh mango pie Kim the real poet created was superb.

KIMO, if ever there was a good guy on this line & on Kauai, it's you. You're bright, gifted, funny, cute, & have the darlingest friend, OBAMA- won't tell whether she has two legs or four but she's a she, wears glasses, & fell in love with BOOTS. You were pretty hot on the Kamado Kub but of course I made the marinade & helped create the Kebabs, Also made the cold Gazpacho- laced generously with dry white wine. Everyone got a buzz on."

Peace and love Bettejo Dux

Richard said...

via TGI;"Happy Birthday Bettejo!

Hope your around for many more lychee seasons... Mangoes are coming in soon; I'll bring you some if you wish."

Douglas Dunn said...

via TGI;"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETTEJO!

The letter from Kimo Rosen is a much-deserved tribute to a true treasure of paradise!
(I have Bettejo’s novel and also a Facebook friend -- a wonderful, classy lady!)"

Peace, prosperity and sunshine to all, DDWiz
(Douglas Dunn, Escondido CA)

Douglas Dunn said...

via email;"Douglas wrote: "Very nice, well-deserved tribute to a treasure of paradise!

Wish I was there for the PAR-TAY!"