www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

"Adult tattletalers..."

When your a child you call them tattletalers, on the streets and in prison they call them rats. They are the people who enjoy being busy-bee's, gossip and telling rumors.

In a small community gossip is similar to tattletaling, sometimes it's true and sometimes it's not, when it's not it can destroy the person being tattled on.

I was looking forward to becoming an adult when I was a child and not having to deal with tattletalers, and for most of my adult life tattletalers have been absent.

I didn't realize adult tatletailers can range from a bigmouth, blabberer, busybody, fink, informer,,scandalmonger, snitch, stool pigeon, tipster troublemaker and whistle-blower.

Please don't tell me to move, I like it on the Garden island but never in my life have I seen so many adults who get off tattletaling as I do on Kaua'i.

I guess with no night life, ferry boats or plastic bags, there's not much else to do on a tropical island. On a positive note, it sure beats drive-by shootings, or does it?

No comments: