www.thegardenisland.com

Monk Seal and Me...

Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

"Social Vampires..." 'Kimo's world #46'


James “Kimo” Rosen is a retired professional photographer living in Kapa'a
 with his best friend Obama Da Dog, Rosen also blogs as a hobby...

Kimo's World #46
Social Vampires

Most people do not  want to hear about your problems. Do you want to constantly hear about other peoples problems?

When I was younger friends would call each other and say things such as, "what do you want to do?"  You might had responded, "I don't know, what do you want to do?"   Eventually you settle for a movie, bowling or round of mini golf.

 It seems nowadays when you  have a conversation with someone it can be  draining. Who needs friends that are like social vampires, draining all your positive energy?

Sure, I understand we all  have our ups and downs, but I'm referring to the chronic drama Queens and Kings. There are times we need our friends and they need us,  nobody wants a relationship where the person is a constant drain.

We all need to be more positive and considerate to not drain our friends energies. Nobody wants to be referred to as a social Dracula.

They say when you put 100 grandfather clocks in a room and all of them are ticking to a different beat within a short time they will all be in sync. Unfortunately In my case the ones ticking in sync were all negative.

Hanging out with negative people will make you negative. "Negativity breeds negativity."

I am going to try my best to be positive, how about you?

Did I mention everyone is out to get me and nobody likes me?   Just kiddin...   ;-)

This meme was used to promote this blog!
Hana Hou, (Encore) Shared From Facebook...









22 comments:

Jaana Makipaa said...

I am more suspicious of people who never express having problems at all. However, I also know of those "social vampires," and mercy! Those are a handful!

Rick Comstock said...

I am a Social Vampire... But I was going to use this as my New Year Resolution. Damn now I've been called on to the carpet to be better. Anyway lets kumbyau, Dracula needs a hug....
6 mins · Unlike · 2

KimoRosen said...

Rick, your not a social vampire, you have never drained my energies, nor has Ja'ana. I am speaking of the chronic problems person, always thinking life is out to get them. An extreme example would be the ones who state, the government implanted a disc in their head. Wait a minute, I have one of those discs in my head.

Jaana Makipaa said...

The SHAKA group has info on how get get those government implants removed. (I wish I were joking about that.)
2 mins · Unlike · 1

Anonymous said...

Ja'ana can you post the link?

Jaana Makipaa said...

I'll have to dig it up, but I'd be more than happy to help spread the crazy.
Stand by...

Jaana Makipaa said...

Here's an article with links to the conspiracy "implant removal" website & how they are connected to the SHAKA movement. You just can't make this sh*t up! Hilarious stuff...


http://hawaiifarmersdaughter.com/2014/11/03/the-link-between-the-shaka-movement-and-the-matrix/

KimoRosen said...

Thanks Jaana I will read..

KimoRosen said...

wait, I think this is a joke, and the removal if real is only a placebo effect?

Rick Comstock said...

If I said half the stuff that goes thru my mind I would have been IMPALED by the count himself.

KimoRosen said...

I may not be posting for a few days, I may go get the implants removed from head...

Rick Comstock said...

The easist way to your head is by a shape tree post on the side of the road. Wow I'm seeing the Social Vampire materialize...sun must be going down.

Jaana Makipaa said...

It's no joke, Kimo! That website is real, and that is apparently where the SHAKA movement started.

KimoRosen said...

I know the website is real, but think this process of removal is just a fun hoax?

Rick Comstock said...

I'm having withdrawal from turkey today.... All this stuffing makes me want a Transylvania turkey samwitch tranfussion.....
1 min · Unlike · 1

Rick Comstock said...

I'm having withdrawal from turkey today.... All this stuffing makes me want a Transylvania turkey samwitch tranfussion.....
1 min · Unlike · 1

Anonymous said...

Jaana, I think this is tongue-n-cheek. I say this because I constantly get accused of similar weirdness with people thinking I am serious when in essence I am just trying to be funny, like Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David.
Just now · Like

Jaana Makipaa said...

It's easier to just let it all hang out & let the crazy flow thru you -and everyone around you.

KimoRosen said...

I agree! Amen!

Jaana Makipaa said...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205049075043776&set=p.10205049075043776&type=1


meme that say's
Good! Let the crazy flow through you

debbie said...

I fed the fish...they were hungry, hungry, hungry!!!

KimoRosen said...

Mahalos Deb, I have been negligent feeding them! ;-)